Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July Sketches at Practical Scrappers

Today it's time to reveal the LOs I've created for this month's sketches at Practical Scrappers. The sketches were fabulous, as usual, so it was easy to get inspired!

I used some more Stockholm pics for Pia's sketch. It seems that every time I pick one of Pia's sketches I get reminded of the Stockholm album I have to finish... Sort of like getting some Swedish vibes from the sketch :) These are pics of a floating restaurant called Strandbryggan we had lunch in.


I loved the colours of these WRMK's Travel Light Punch card as they went perfectly with the colours of the pics and reflected that green feeling we had during the whole trip, so much green around us as compared to dusty Tripoli. But when I finished working on the LO, I felt the paper was too much about camping, not what my Pics were about, so I got some restaurant icons from the net and embroidered them on the top block. I love the end result.



List of supplies:
Patterned paper: WRMK
Embossed stickers: WRMK
Thickers: American Crafts
Mini alphas: Lily Bee
Embroidery floss: assorted
Restaurant icons: Google search
Glue: Glue Glider Pro

Jannike's sketch had a single pic and a very romantic feel to it, so I decided to use our 7th anniversary pic. This is not a good one, DD took it from the car while we were standing next to it, ready for one of our "jungle walks", but I still want to scrap the fact that these have been the happiest seven years of my life, no matter what kind of pic I had for it. I wanted to keep it simple and focus on the image/message, so I just resist embossed some areas and added Some metal and a butterfly, as well as some doodling. 



List of supplies:
Card stock: Coredinations
Embossing powder: American Crafts
Heat gun: American Crafts
Embossing ink: Stampendous
Mist: Maya mist and made at home
Doilies, flowers and butterflies: JBS kit
Chipboard butterfly: assorted
Pen: Gelwriter
Ink: Ink it up!

2 comments:

La Vikinga said...

What???

You came to Stockholm??? When was that? Are you coming back sometimes? Then I must greet you, ok?

Anyway I love your LO and I like the way you have put different sizes of the pictures on the same LO!

La Vikinga / Charlotta

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Your embroidery is absolutely amazing!! Love the doodling too! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs