Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Joy!

This week's challenge at the Create:Blog is to create a Christmas card using non-traditional colours. I love the lime green/light blue/pink colour combo for Christmas, so this was an easy task.



Pin It
I bought the We R Memory Keepers flocked lace in a Crafty Steals' deal a couple of years ago, and I am so happy I finally got to use it. It was a bit tricky as it is not as white as it seems when it has the backing paper, so I had to use two layers, which took some time and effort to make them match perfectly. Totally worth it because I love the delicate look of the lace tree. The buttons are from my button box and the star is by Teresa Collins. The patterned paper is not Christmas paper, but Watermelon Gazpacho Soup by Jillibean. And the fabric behind the card is part of my new Christmas fabric stash, not sure what I will do with this one yet, just liked and bought it, inspiration will come soon enough! (and that is how my stash begins to grow).

1 comment:

Rania K. said...

Your card is so lovely! Thanks for sharing!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs