Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Sweater weather?

Well, living where we do, it is never sweater weather, and I sometimes really miss the feeling of warmth a sweater brings... that kind of feeling is what I got when I started working with this month's kit from Freehand Scraps. There's warmth in the colours and the materials, and you feel ready for a cozy layout as soon as you open the box! Here are the layouts I've created this month:

This is my favourite layout this month. I used a Pagemaps sketch, and got inspired by my friends Kathy Perry and Betty Anne Orr, who used these circle/squares for a Let's Scrap challenge, with fabulous results. I just had to lift that idea!

This one was so easy to make, as the paper itself was like a sketch! Just stick the picture and start embellishing. Don't you just love those rulers?


Pin It
And you'll have to take my word for this, but this layout looks much better in real life; I couldn't get a good enough picture of it. Just one look at this splashy paper and I realised I wanted to make a layout about the Splashers' pool at Atlantis Hotel in Nassau. And I even made my own letters with cardstock and glitter. I think this was also based on a Pagemaps sketch, but I can't find it right now to confirm... :(

I also worked on an altered project I love, and I will share it tomorrow. If you want to have a look at all the inspiration in the gallery and the yummy things in the Sweater Weather kit, visit Freehand Scraps!

1 comment:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Great work! These are awesome pages!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs