Monday, May 28, 2012

Frugal finds: flower embellishment using a mesh bag!

I love the Frugal Finds feature at Practical Scrappers, it is always play time and creative time, and the results are amazing! For the latest feature we had to use mesh bags and that was an easy one for me, as lots of the produce I can find here comes in mesh bags. For this layout I chose baby pics -probably the fact that my little girl is growing so fast and her front teeth are loose (yet another milestone) influenced the choice of pics for this layout. 
trash to treasure, flower, embellies, scrapbooking,

I love playing with this piece of JBS cardstock and my light blue inks. But the layout needed a girly touch, so I used my mesh to create a flower. It was a bit tricky and I needed the help of the glue gun, but I love how it turned out, especially with that piece of Teresa Collins bling on top. You really MUST check what the other Practical Scrappers designers have created using mesh bags, I promise you will not look at the produce aisle in the same way again!

flower, scrapbooking, crafts, embellies, embellishments, frugal

I am also sharing this project at Scrapscene's WIP Mondays, as I love having my mid-morning coffee and checking what other people are doing. And what exactly am I working on right now? 

tortuga pinata, birthday, pinata,

A Tortuga Headquarters Pinata!!! It's not exactly a beautiful project right now, but it will be!!!! I will keep you posted on how it goes!

1 comment:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a fab LO, Carolina!! Love how you used the mesh in your flower to give the girly touch!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs