Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Pretty Little Studio plus Wild Kratts invitations and banner

I have just received a totally yummy pack from Pretty Little Studio to work on for my Guest DT posts. Wow! I got the sandcastle collection and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Just have a look at it:
summer scrapbooking papers embellishments beach

Isn't it fabulous? I am like a kid in a candy store, opening little packs of embellies and thinking of an idea, then changing to a different pack and starting over again. If you are thinking of getting this beautiful collection for your summer pics,  you can click HERE. Living in the Caribbean, I never have enough summer themed supplies, so this is the right collection for me!

But, unfortunately, I can't spend the whole day scrapping away, as I have my  daughter's Wild Kratts' party to prepare. The pinata is almost ready (just missing the wheels of the Tortuga HQ) and I have finished and sent all the invitations. I made this tag:

birthday tag

And I added the birthday info on the back. Then I laminated them, used some twine to tie the tag to a plastic animal (a great way to get rid of some of those animals my daughter has not used in ages). Here is what they look like:

animals


animals

Now, let me tell you. These are not the best designed invitations I have made or the most elegant. But they are surely the most enjoyed! I gave them to their teacher a few minutes before the kids left to put in their backpacks and by the time they got to the bleachers to wait for their parents to collect them, they were all playing with them! And I got several called from parents to tell me how excited their kids were about the party.... now I just need to live up to their expectations.... not easy!

Another thing I have been working on is a banner to put behind the main table as decoration. I wanted to buy one of the lovely PBS ones, but for some reason the fact that my billing and shipping addresses are in different countries didn't let my purchase go through. So, it was time for me to work again. I have already designed the banner and taken it to the printers. I think the PBS problem actually saved me quite a lot of money. Here is the banner:

Now, if you are another poor soul trying to put together a Wild Kratts' party without any party supplies to be bought, and would like me to send you a copy of the tag (minus the cute little girl) or the banner (minus the writing), just send me an e-mail. My address is on the sidebar.

I will be posting an update on the tortuga pinata as soon as the wheels are on, and some other pictures from different party things, so keep coming back! And I won't be able to share my Pretty Little Studio projects yet, but it will be soon enough. And they will come with a giveaway, so you don't want to miss it!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pinata. I am in the middle of preparing a Wild Kratts Birthday party for my son this month!!! The kids would love a pinata.

Unknown said...

Hi, Your work is so creative! I couldn't find your email address on the side bar, please let me know the address I would really appreciate a copy of that banner! Thanks, Promise

Unknown said...

It is indeed, gorgeous! I also shopped for such things in an exhibition that happened in a big event space NYC last month. I like collecting such things because then it becomes easy to think of a theme for my kid’s birthday party. It was lovely going through this post.

خدمات منزلية said...

شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض شراء مكيفات
شراء اثاث مستخدم

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs