Monday, November 15, 2010

Nothing is original

I have been working on some first communion cards someone asked me to do this week (even taught myself how to do rosary knots and beaded crosses to embellish the cards!) so there's been little scrapbooking. I have also spent lots of time lifting ideas from fabulous Etsy shops to make my new house feel like home without spending too much, since we won't be living here that long. Love this: 

And this (though bigger, this is only 3 x 3):


And this, but I have more scrapbooking items than earrings to hang from it!


I wish I'd saved the shop's names together with the addresses, but I didn't, so if you'd like to buy any of these gorgeous things, you'll have to search Etsy

And since we are talking about lifting, I'd like to share this paragraph I came upon while Stumbling in my Ipod (what an addiction!):

Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is nonexistent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery—celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to. (Jim Jarmusch's Golden Rule #5).

I think this is a perfect quote for scrappers. Where do you steal from?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool quote is this! I love it! I always get a lot of inspration from browsing around the interent. Places like Etsy are perfect for that. I also love to look around regular online stores with fun products, like LMNOP (australian) or Just Something I made by Cathe Holden. And on those sites I get linked to wherevert and find more and more inpsiration. And before I know I have been on the internet the whole night instead of doing something usefull. (like now: I was going ot iron but before that just check my mail........yeah right!)

Take care!

Carolina said...

There's always something more interesting than ironing!!!!!!!!!!! Will check these stores, thanks for the tip!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs