Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Let's Scrap - Resolution #13

This was a very hard resolution for me to follow, as I don't scrap on cardstock any longer, I usually find patterned paper more appealing, even for backgrounds. I started looking at past sketches to try and get inspired, and when I saw sketch 6-9-10 I remembered this gorgeous LO by Kinsey Wilson I'd seen at Two Peas
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/425872-kinseywilson/1699890-sleepy-face/ and I decided to lift the idea. I used the Silhouette to cut the circles/flowers, which made it very easy (I have kept the file, so mail me if you want to give it a try), but then I ruined the page by misting the wrong side, so had to hand cut the design from the page and paste it on a different background... lots of work! I like the final result, though, so I am happy about the process. Here is the layout:


And here are some close ups. I really like the fact that I was able to include lots of small details in this layout without making it too crowded. Working on a page for the right side of the album, now, and it is hard to make a LO that won't clash with this!!! What do you do with single page layouts in albums?
Anyway, here are some close ups of the details:




Just 11 more resolutions to scrap!

1 comment:

Betty Anne said...

Love your layout Caro, I especially enjoyed the closeups it showed me things that I missed when I was looking at the large picture.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs