Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Let's Scrap - Sketch 14-7-10

There's a new sketch at Let's Scrap and this week I felt like trying something totally out of my comfort zone. I don't really have a style, layouts take a life of their own while I'm working on them and they turn out to be completely different from one another so I can't define what my style is - I don't think I want to, actually. But sometimes I push things a little bit and try things I've not tried before, and this was one of those times. Here's my layout for this week:


I'm not sure if I even like it or not (depends on my mood when I look at it) but trying new things is part of the learning process, otherwise my albums would all look the same. The hardest part was punching out a wave pattern on the light blue paper behind the photos (which took ages - plus my daughter complained as she couldn't hear what Handy Manny was saying) only to realise once I turned it over that it was very hard to see the waves in it! Anyway, the punched out holes are a striking element, different from just using the patterned paper, even if the waves are extremely hard to notice!!!

2 comments:

Barb Craft said...

I have to say... I like it!! I love trying new styles and new techniques too!! Love the title!!
barb :)

Betty Anne said...

Love your layout. The corrugated cardboard makes such a cool background and I like how you divided the picture between the two pages.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs