Thursday, January 26, 2012

Punched squares

This week's challenge at the Create:Blog is to use punched squares. It was a very easy card to create and it didn't take me long to make it, but boy has it been hard to take a picture of it. I got my new light box yesterday, finished a layout for Practical Scrappers, and the picture looked so great and was so easy to take it was love at first sight. Then, I got this card ready and took a picture, ten pictures, fifty pictures.... none looked right!!!! I tried positioning the lights differently, changing backgrounds, shooting in JPEG and RAW, checking internet sites for tips... nothing worked. This morning I woke up and it was sunny so I decided to just take the card outside and do it the usual way. Not good, either! By then, I started to go &%^%*$)#)# and went back and played with the light box a little longer. This is the best I could do, not totally like the real life version, still not clear enough, the colours still off, but I have spent enough time taking that picture and it is time to move on. Not sure I will make the Create:Blog's deadline, but at least I'll give it a try!


2 comments:

Scrappin' Annie said...

well it looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. Your work is always so vibrant. Love the white embossed background.

D said...

Sounds like a rough time! Cards are sooooo much harder to photograph (imho) than layouts. You have to deal with the shadows. I think your photo looks FABULOUS! As does your card :) Love the clean graphic lines and bold colors.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs