Wednesday, March 02, 2011

When layouts take a life of their own...

I feel I need to explain how I got to the layout I'll show you today. I wanted to work on this photo as I only had this copy, no back up, and it's been on my desk, risking misting, coffee spills, glue, DD's messy fingers, etc! It's a special photo as we took it on our second day in Trinidad. DD was very sad after leaving Tripoli, and was disappointed that when we arrived we were in a hotel and not a house. All she wanted to do for a couple of days was watch TV, which she never does, she always has sth better going on, even if the TV is on. Then we found out the local cable company had a show in the hotel we were staying and Doki (the Discovery Kids Mascot) would be there. The queue was endless but at least DD left the place with a smile and a story to phone her friends and talk about. So, I started working with this picture using Let's Scrap's sketch for this week:


I love this sketch because of the big pictures, and the multiple layers you could add behind the photo. So, I started working with this picture, had cut, distressed and misted patterned paper squares, and only needed to start gluing and embellishing. Then I went to pick up DD from school, and on the way started thinking how I didn't like the background of the photo, and decided to cut out DD and Doki. Of course, once I'd cut them, they didn't look right in those big squares, and I had to change everything! Here is my final result, and my favourite part is that little Doki on the banner:


You have the whole week to show us your take on this fantastic sketch at Let's Scrap!!!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs